scott,sadee,mace and avy.

scott,sadee,mace and avy.

July 18, 2012

Oregon&Seattle.


I am about a month behind on blogging but here we go...

Seattle/Oregon:

The trip to Seattle and Oregon was a lot of fun and much needed. Mace was surprisingly well behaved for the 12 hour drive and was great for the plane ride home! Even though we were only gone for four days, we made the most of every second of our vacation. 

Ever since my first trip to Oregon when Scott and I were dating, I have wanted to go to Voodoo Donughts, one of Portland's famous spots. Unfortunately, every time we have gone back there it has been closed, was being renovated, or the line was too ridiculously long to wait. Lucky for me, this trip worked out perfectly and I finally got my Voodoo.


After Voodoo, we headed up to the Rose Gardens. Portland is extremely rainy, and because of this it has the perfect growing conditions for roses and has been named the "City of Roses" since 1905. The gardens were absolutely beautiful. Every color and every kind of rose you could ever imagine was there.


Most importantly, while we were in Oregon we got to spend some time with Scotty's family. We had a beautiful dinner at his aunt Maria and uncle Ryan's home (thank you so much for having us!) and we also got to spend some time with his brother Lee. Shame on me for not taking any pictures with the family!

After spending two days in Oregon we made the 3 hour drive up to Seattle for Scott to deliver a car to a customer and for us to meet up with his mom! Because Scott's parents live in Alaska, we are not able to see them very often (although, we do have our Skype dates for baby Mace to see his grandparents!) so we were very blessed that Laraine was able to come down to Seattle and spend a day with us.

Seattle was so much fun. We packed a few days of events into one day and I loved it. My only regret was not bringing a stroller with us?! Not sure what I was thinking when I told Scott not to bring it. The first place we stopped at was an amazing seafood place called the Crab Pot. They cook a ton of crab/shrimp/muscles/corn and potatoes all in a huge pot and then dump it on your table for you to eat. After that we rode a ferry to Bainbridge island and back and headed over to our last stop, the Space Needle. I definitely think everyone needs to go see the Space Needle at least once, it is really amazing. Scott's mom made special plans for us to eat at the very top of the needle at the SkyCity Restaurant. This entire restaurant moves 360 degrees while you are eating your meal, it was a little scary but the food was delicious and it was definitely the highlight of the trip.

We definitely had a very packed vacation but it seriously was so much fun. I love getting to spend so much time with my two boys and I can't wait until we head back to Portland for Scotty's sister Allie's homecoming in just a few weeks.

Here are a few more photo's from the trip:


More catch up posts to come!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I am dying to visit Seattle. I miss you we need to do lunch soon.

    ReplyDelete