scott,sadee,mace and avy.

scott,sadee,mace and avy.

February 16, 2013

Mason's first birthday.

This little dude turned one last month!



Okay so MAYBE I cried the night before his birthday when I realized that my baby was turning one... it's a little bitter sweet knowing that he is getting so old! On one hand I absolutely love watching him learn and explore more every day. He has become so independent, and he understands SO much. However, sometimes I miss the days when he would cuddle his mama and had no choice because he wasn't strong enough to move around yet! Before I go on about his party, I wanted to share some things about him at age uno.


  • Mason is already a picky eater. Sometimes he wont even try what I set on his high chair! Little stinker. He just shakes his head "no" and throws the food to Olive on the ground. His favorite food lately is string cheese. He also loves sandwich meat, bread, yogurt and bananas. 
  • He is terrified of my sister. He used to love her when he was younger, but now he whines and cries even if she talks to him from across the room.
  • His vocabulary now consists of OOYIVE for Olive, uh-oh, all done, ODEE for my brother Cody, buh-bye and of course mama and dada.
  • He is not really into watching any movies yet. He also doesn't like his bouncer anymore.
  • He is absolutely obsessed with his grandma. He seriously acts like they are attached at the hip when he is around her. 
  • He still isn't walking yet.. which I am a little grateful for because he keeps me busy enough as it is.
So, for Mason's birthday we spent the day at the Living Planet Aquarium in Draper. We got to see jelly fish, seahorses (my favorite!), otter's, penguin's, and tons more. Mason LOVED the aquarium, it was so fun to watch him see all of those things for the first time!




Later that night, we had his birthday party in a room we rented out at Noah's. The party was a circus theme so obviously we had candy, popcorn and Dumbo playing on the theatre screen. I had so much help preparing and setting up for the party from tons of my family and friends so thank you, thank you to everyone who helped! We spent the rest of the night eating, playing and celebrating our sweet baby boy with those we love the most. 


 Thank you to everyone who came to Mason's party!






No comments:

Post a Comment